- Pillsbury Senior Communities
- YWCA – Women’s Retreat
- Vermont Death Symposium
- ACCESS – Community Education
- University of Vermont Psychology of Aging Class
- United Church of Hinesburg
- Hinesburg Library
- Vermont Chapter of APHON (Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses)
Contact Francesca through the site to schedule a presentation. Open to speaking to any group, large or small, including schools, businesses, places of worship, community spaces, etc. Highly customizable and affirming.
Topics have included:
- The Role and Scope of a Doula
- The Doula Heart
- Doula Essentials: Spaciousness in Sacred Space
- Doula Essentials: Listening Intently
- Doula Essentials: Open-Mindedness
- 3-Part Grief Series
- Facilitated Book Group
- Approaches to Grief: Empathy, Sympathy, and Compassion
- 5-Part DOULA Workshop: Dedication to Presence, Open-Mindedness, Understanding with Compassion, Listening Intently, and Allaying Distress
Francesca’s 4-hour “Cultivating the Doula Heart” workshop is ready to travel to your location! With over 50 slides and numerous group/pair/introspective activities, attendees will leave with full hearts and minds, ready to serve.
This workshop is geared toward open hearts and curious minds. No end-of-life, birth, or doula experience necessary. Welcoming medical professionals, doulas, caregivers, mental health clinicians, social workers, spiritual care providers, therapists, volunteers, etc. The doula heart can be infused into all work, interactions, and relationships.
All attendees will receive the guidebook, Cultivating the Doula Heart: The Essentials of Compassionate Care. This concise book illuminates the core components of the doula approach, providing readers with a deeper understanding of emotional support techniques and greater confidence to offer support during life’s most intense times.
Tenets of Doula Support
Components of Compassion
Personalizing with Plans
Tools of the Trade
Contemplative Doula takes care of all the ticket sales through an Eventbrite page (like this). You (the host) help secure the workshop location and spread the word about this offering, while enjoying perks like free tickets to the event to disperse amongst colleagues and community partners and your logo featured on ad materials!
Contact us soon for your 2019 date!